A residential resort, named Flamingo Dailai Resort, is located in the middle of flourishing forests between Dailai Lake and surrounding mountains, about 50 km away from Hanoi.
The lot of Dailai Conference Hall is located beside the main access road, which is used as an entrance for the whole resort; the building welcomes all visitors when they come. To enhance their expectation for a delightful stay in the resort, an impressive curved stone wall along the road was designed as its “receptionist” offers a sequential view to visitors, revealing and screening the surrounding nature from place to place. An orthogonal access between artificial hills conducts visitors through the stone wall, then, visitors reach a foyer covered by a dynamic bamboo structure with an extraordinary scale. The wide-span structure of the conference hall consists of the composition of straight bamboos. Many bamboos are assembled into a structural frame, which has higher reliability and redundancy than bamboo used individually.
Bamboo and stone are abundant natural resources near the area. The hall achieves its originality and special atmosphere by using these local materials in plenty. Consequently, the building becomes a friendly accompaniment to nature.
- Built in 08. 2012
- Conference Hall
- Vinhphuc, Vietnam
- Hong Hac Dai Lai JSC
- Hong Hac Dai Lai JSC + Wind and Water House JSC
- Hiroyuki Oki
- Design credit
- Principal architects: Vo Trong Nghia + Takashi Niwa
- Architects: Dau Nhat Quang, Le Thi Anh Huyen
- ARCASIA 2014, Building of the year (Dailai Bamboo Complex)
- ARCASIA 2014, Gold Medal (Dailai Bamboo Complex)
- National Architectural Prize Vietnam 2013, 2nd Prize
- International Architecture Awards, 2013
- Green Good Design Award, 2014
- FuturArc Green Leadership award 2013, Citation